Friday, March 17, 2017

Time to Relax!!!



It’s officially two weeks from the dismissal date. Not much happened today other than working on networking and resumes.

I have interview number two with the software-as-a-service company on Monday so I spent the rest of the day preparing for the interview by studying contracts and listening to seminars. I highly doubt I’ll get past the next interview but I’m getting pretty darned knowledgeable about IT contracts and data-privacy laws. This will help me down the road.

I also did a postmortem on the last job to evaluate my flaws. I learned a lot during the process and highly recommend it. Since you have the time now, you should try this. First, divide a page of paper into two columns. On the left side, jot down all of the mistakes you made on your last job. Come on, everybody makes mistakes… On the right side, jot down how you would correct those mistakes. This exercise should help you view yourself from an outside point of view.  Review this evaluation everyday so you can correct your flaws in time for your new job.

Relax and have a good weekend!

Day Fourteen Lesson:

1. You can Improve Yourself By Doing a “Postmortem” Evaluation of the Mistakes You Made on Your Last Job

Total Contacts Reached Out To: 38

Total Applications: 37

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Interviews; Search Routine; Back Again

More Interviews My buddy commented that I hadn't updated the blog and told me he was either relieved that I was too busy to blo...